Sunday, 31 January 2010
Wow, 4 posts in one night! Busy bee! I just read Nicola's January Favourites post and remembered I said I'd do one each month, back in my first post of 2010. These are my favourite go-to products/items of January, both beauty and cosmetic related. So, here goes!
* Avon Magix Face Perfector - for those of you that haven't seen my post on this, it's my favourite face primer. I went out without it on under my foundation the other day because I forgot to put it on and what a difference it makes. Towards the end of the day my face had gone shiny. Eurgh. With Avon's Face Perfector, you don't get any shine. A definite daily must have!
* Saffron Palette - I've used this almost every day of January, bar about 4!
* Maybelline Dream Mousse Blush - I just love how workable this is. You can add as much or as little as you like. And don't worry if it's the former, it blends out incredibly well
* Avon's Angled Blusher Brush - I love it. That is all :)
* Skin MD Natural Shielding Lotion - I've only just started using this but it's done wonders for my skin so far. Review to come at the end of February when I've given it a good use.
* Palmer's Cocoa Butter Lip Balm - I've used this multiple times a day, every day and have I had sore, dry, cracked, chapped lips in this bitterly cold weather? No! You need this lip balm in your life. Go on, it's only £1.63 in Superdrug :)
What have been your favourite products this month?
I saw this on Daisy's blog and thought I'd do it too. I quite like the idea of letting you all know what's been going on in my world this month :)
Listening to... Radio 1 mostly and whatever's on my iPod. Particularly loving 30 Seconds To Mars, Mumford & Sons, Biffy Clyro, Owl City, Florence & The Machine, and Ke$ha
Reading... Dan Brown's Lost Symbol. About time really as I bought it back in September!
Watching... Material Girl, Grey's Anatomy, Brothers & Sisters, CSI and of course, Glee!
Buying... A Konad set!! Oh and textbooks. Boring!
Wanting... more money so that I can buy pretty things :) I want to go on a Primark spree.
Trying... to use up all the crap that I've got and eat more healthily
Loving... successful Konadicures, cups of tea, sleep, Twitter and blogging :)
Planning... my future (or attempting to) and my London trip with Ruth in July
Making... progress in my thoughts... I hope!
Writing... erm blog posts haha? And lots of notes. I have random bits of paper and post its all over my wall!
Cooking... Stir Fry :)
Inspired by... the sun, other bloggers and weheartit
I wanted to show you all my new konadicure that I did last night :)
What did I use?
Konad plate M2
Rimmel Pro Nail Polish in Oyster Pink as a base colour
Nails Inc China Town for the pink flowers
Konad special white polish for the white flowers
I cannot express how much I LOVE Oyster Pink. It's so pink, shimmery and sheer. Absolutely gorgeous. And don't even get me started about the brush in the bottle! The Pro range have a longer, wider brush, so one stroke of polish on your nails and *ta da* you're done! Love, love, love it! I'm definitely going to see what other colours Rimmel do in this range :)
Have you tried any polishes in the Pro range? Got any recommendations?
Saturday, 30 January 2010
Thursday, 28 January 2010
I saw this on Nikki's blog and she tagged all her followers, so I thought I'd give it a go. I got a good response for the "What I'm Using Right Now" post so I figured you lovely
My Skin MD Natural giveaway ended at 23:59 GMT on 27th January 2010 and I have a winner!!!
I had a total of 13 entries. I used random.org to generate the winning number, #11, and worked my way from the first comment down to the 11th.
And the winner is...
*DRUM ROLL PLEASE*
MAXIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations lovely!!
If you send me an email with your details, I'll pass them on to Cat at Skin MD Natural so she can ship your prize over to you!
Wednesday, 27 January 2010
Tuesday, 26 January 2010
1. Where is your cell phone? Next to me on my desk
2. Your hair? Wavy
3. Your mother? Is amazing and I love her to bits
4. Your father? Drives me mental but I love him lots too
5. Your favourite food? Love a good Chinese
6. Your dream last night? I think I was too tired to dream last night!
7. Your favourite drink? Tea. The stuff of life.
8. Your dream/goal? To be successful and happy
9. What room are you in? My bedroom
10. Your hobby? Blogging, nail art
11. Your fear? Oh lots haha
12. Where do you want to be in 6 years? I have no idea. Honestly.
13. Where were you last night? Right here, working hard.
14. Something you aren't? Perfect.
15. Muffins? Oo yes pleasey.
16. Wish list item? There's way more than one lol!
17. Where did you grow up? Rural Lincolnshire
18. Last thing you did? Checked my bank account online
19. What are you wearing? Clothes
20. Your TV? Is off on account of it's atrocious reception.
21. Your pets? None anymore
22. Your friends? Facebook stalk me way too much.
23. Your life? Is pretty good atm really
24. Your mood? Tired, lazy
25. Missing someone? Yes
26. Vehicle? I drive my parents' car when I'm home. Citroen C4. Vroom vroom.
27. Something you're not wearing? Erm gloves. I should be cos it's so cold in my room
28. Your favourite store? I couldn't pick one!
29. Your favourite colour? Oh all of them. It changes all the time!
30. When was the last time you laughed? In Equity earlier when Bryan was attempting to explain to me what Fraggle Rock was even though it was on TV years before I was born.
31. Last time you cried? I actually can't remember.
32. Your best friend? Ruth.
33. One place that I go over and over? My room
34. One person who emails me regularly? It's rare I get emails off of actual people these days. Usually lots of spam. Rubbish.
35. Favourite place to eat? Oh Nando's :)
The 5 lovely girlies that I tag are:
Sunday, 24 January 2010
As I mentioned the other day, I picked up a few different face masks whilst I was in Superdrug. The first one I've used happened to be this exfoliating mask, which claims to give a smooth and flawless perfection. To hear what I thought, read on :)
Available from: Superdrug
Shower gel: N-Spa Blueberry Cream Pie
Styling products: Trevor Sorbie Straightening Addict Blow Dry Spray, Schwarzkopf Osis+ Anti Frizz Gloss Serum
Body moisturiser: Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula
Deodorant: Dove Hair Minimising Wild Rose
Foundation: Max Factor Miracle Touch Liquid Illusion
Concealer: GOSH Touch Up Concealer
Blush: Maybelline Dream Mousse Blush in 01 Dolly Pink
Eyeshadows: Saffon Palette/Sleek Eye Dusts/Pro Palette/GOSH
Mascara: Clarins Wonder Perfect Mascara in black/ Max Factor FLE Waterproof in black/ Lacura Sensitive Mascara in black
Lipstick: e.l.f. Mineral Lipstick in Rosy Raisin
Lipgloss: e.l.f. Super Glossy Lip Shine SPF15 in Pink Kiss/GOSH Light'N Shine Lip Glaze in 03
Nail colour: Lots! Right now I have on GOSH Wild Lilac, Nails Inc Walton Street and Nails Inc London Nights
Saturday, 23 January 2010
Friday, 22 January 2010
P.S. I'm totally blaming Leanne for this purchase :p
Thursday, 21 January 2010
Welcome to my first review of 2010! I'm still not used to saying that lol. As you may notice, my review posts are now going to take this format, so hopefully you'll find them more useful. Anyway, here we go!
I say: Well, I don't have wrinkles so can't comment there. However, I can verify L'Oreal's claims that the primer masks uneven textures, makes the complexion smooth and gives a velvety touch. Exactly what it says on the
tin erm jar. The primer does have a smooth texture and does disguise pores. Win. It does give a beautiful matte and silky finish; my skin always feels wonderful once this is applied. As for the claims that it's easy to apply... well, yes but I find it feels a bit thick and heavy in comparison to the Avon Magix Face Perfector that has quickly become my favourite primer out of the two. When I say it feels heavy, no girls I haven't been applying it with a trowel, but if you've tried the Avon version, the formula feels a lot lighter in comparison with L'Oreal. Regardless, once it's on it does feel great and it's not greasy at all. I use my fingers to apply it and they always feel a bit, well not sticky or greasy, but you know that there's something on them. This is why I prefer Avon's primer because you don't get that. L'Oreal's primer does make a great base, but it's not my favourite. Avon's primer also prevents shine for 12 hours (although I've found it to prevent it for longer) whereas L'Oreal's doesn't.
Available from: Boots and boots.com