Tuesday 28 July 2009

A look and mini review using my splurge items!

Hey everyone

I splurged yesterday. And today I tried out 2 of my new GOSH products, the effect powder in Sunstone and the Glamourous Eye Shadow in Grey Brown.

Here's a quick look at the products:



Quick review of the eye shadow

I really like the eyeshadow, it's got a lovely pigmented colour. Compared to other eye shadows I've used, it doesn't go everywhere when you run an eye shadow brush over it to pick up colour which is nice. It goes onto the eye nicely and I didn't get any fallout. It lasted all day and didn't crease. Then again I did use a base and had another colour under it. Also, it blends fantastically well. If I were you, get down to your nearest Superdrug and stock up while the 3 for 2 offer is on! You will not be disappointed!

On to the look, and this is what I did with the two colours:



(Click the image above to go to the full size)

How did I achieve it? Simple.

1) Firstly, apply Gosh Eye Shadow Base
2) Blend base a little with a blending brush or your eye shadow brush, either will do
3) I lined my upper and lower lash lines with Avon Glimmersticks Eye Liner in black just to thicken out the look of my eye lashes. You can use whatever colour you prefer, or not bother, it's up to you.
4) Using your eye shadow brush, pick up a little of the Sunstone effect powder and apply to the eye area. I tend to work from the inner corner outwards and make sure I get a nice even layer. As you can see from the photos, I went right up to the brow and to the outer corner of my eye, in line with the end of my brows
5) Using your eye shadow brush, pick up a little of the Grey Brown eye shadow and cover the lid area up to the crease. Build up colour as and where you want it.
6) Using a blending brush, just gently blend over the crease area so the two colours seemlessly blend together. Take your time and blend gently
7) When you're happy with the way it looks, you're all done. I did go over my eyeliner again on the upper lash line and then lined my waterline. But again, this is totally up to you.

Until next time,
PPPD xx

No comments:

Post a Comment