Wednesday 11 April 2012

Review: Royal & Langnickel Silk Greenline Brushes

Morning lovelies! Today I'm reviewing the Silk Greenline brush set I received from Royal & Langnickel at the IMATS 2012 Blogger Lounge*

The Silk Greenline range is an eco-friendly set of brushes made from a blend of synthetic fibres. They have chrome plated nickel ferrules that are durable and damage resistant so they won't rust or dent easily. The handles are 100% eco-friendly kiln-dried bamboo, and the set comes in a lovely sustainable cork carry-case.



♥ Liner GL-5
I've found that this brush is best used to line the eyes with a powder shadow for a smoky eye. For me personally, its too big to use on the waterline but perfect for lining the upper and lower lash lines with powder shadow. The brush is soft yet stiff enough to create a smudgy line.

♥ Concealer GL-11
I've been using this brush to apply my MAC Studio Finish concealer but its not a match made in heaven. If you're trying to cover a blemish, this isn't the best brush to use as its quite stiff and doesn't seem to pick up a lot of product, but it is good for tidying up around the eyes if you're winging shadow out.

♥ Lip GL-12
This is one of my favourite brushes in the set. It's lovely and soft, yet firm and applies colour to the lips effortlessly without streaking.



♥ Eye Shadow GL-3
A lovely firm brush with densely packed bristles, perfect for packing colour on to the eyelid. I find some shadow brushes can be a little prickly but this is quite the opposite and I really like it. A good staple brush for any collection.

♥ Smudger GL-4
Again, a densely packed brush, stiff yet flexible with it. I like to use it to smoke out my crease and blend colour on the lower lash line.

♥ Eye Fluff GL-6
This is a new shape of brush for me, and not one I'd used before. I've been using it to blend out my crease colour and also to add highlight to the brow bone as it has a lovely tapered shape and it feels quite soft.


♥ Eye Liner GL-9
I think this has to be my least favourite brush in the set. I've never really gotten on with flat liner brushes, although in a bind, I have used it to apply gel liner to my upper lash line. It's not the most flexible of brushes and not the softest. I think this is the one I'd get least use from.

♥ Eyeliner/Brow GL-8
I don't think I've ever come across a brush so small but I've found this is perfect for filling in my brows and especially to gently define the back of my brow. It's very firm and very small which is perfect for the job.


♥ Brow/Lash GL-10
I'd been lusting over a metal pinned lash comb for ages so I was thrilled to find this in the set. I was a little wary of getting it to close to my eye to be honest, but I've not had a mishap yet. I find this helps to separate my lashes if I've overdone the mascara. The brow comb is a standard firm comb that helps to shape my brows in seconds.


♥ Powder GL-1
A large headed brush with soft bristles, I've been using this to apply my MAC Mineralize Skin Finish to set my foundation. It picks up just the right amount of product.

♥ Foundation GL-7
I'll be honest, I hadn't used a flat foundation brush in years, but I thought as this was in the set I'd give it a go. I used it with my Jemma Kidd Light As Air Foundation and I found it was easy to use to apply the product, but I did have to buff it in afterwards to get a more flawless finish. Again, not a favourite, but I will get some use out of it.

♥ Blush GL-2
This is another favourite brush in the set for me. It features a rounded domed brush, which is soft and flexible and I find its just the right size to apply blush to my cheekbones without overdoing the colour as it picks up the perfect amount of product.

~*~

Overall I think this is a great set. 12 eco-friendly brushes in a well made case that have just the right selection for travelling/popping in your handbag for on the go touch ups. I've experienced zero shedding with these and I've found that they clean really well, again with no shedding.

You can find out more about the Silk Greenline brushes here and purchase them from the Royal & Langnickel website here.

♥ ♥ ♥

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
*PR gift - I was given this as a gift but not asked to post about it - I'm doing so because I love them! Read my disclaimer :)

2 comments:

  1. Yes! LOVE metal lash combs! My Ruby and Millie one gave up the ghost recently after 10 years as my secret weapon and I bought a Royal and Langnickel one and I love it! The rest of this collection looks lovely too! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are a stroke of genius! It's a great kit, I'd really recommend it :) xxx

      Delete