Monday 16 April 2012

Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butters

I'm somewhat amazed that I managed to waltz in to my local teeny Boots store and pick up three of the new Revlon ColorBurst™ Lip Butters. We're usually the last to get new ranges but they seemed to have the majority of them on the Revlon stand. As it was 3 for 2, I purchased three. Well, it would be rude not to, right?


L-R: Sweet Tart, Strawberry Shortcake, Peach Parfait


Sweet Tart
I don't quite know what made me pick this up. When I was having the obligatory swatching session, the colour reminded me of a YSL Candy Rouge Volupte that I own (and really should get more use out of) but a better formula. And of course, cheaper to replace if I lost it. A beautiful colour that I adore for Spring/Summer. It has a lovely buttery formula, reminiscent of my Palmer's Cocoa Butter Lip Balm, and its such a beautiful colour that it's a total winner for me!

Strawberry Shortcake
This was the only Lip Butter that didn't have a tester. I sort of got sucked in by the name as it sounds so lovely. I was pleasantly surprised. A very lovely pink. The formula is, again, soft and buttery. This shade is more glossy than Sweet Tart and it's a sort of lipstick/lip balm/lipgloss hybrid. I really like it!

Peach Parfait
I think this is the dud one in the range to be honest. Yes it's peachy and its soft and buttery and glossy, but it contains glitter. No thank you. Not my cup of tea at all.

Swatches


L-R: Peach Parfait, Strawberry Shortcake, Sweet Tart

♥ ♥ ♥

Well, consider this bandwagon well and truly hopped on ;)

What do you think of the Lip Butters? Are there any stand out shades for you?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

14 comments:

  1. I hate glitters in the lipsticks too! I have cotton candy and it's also with small gold shimmer but it's a lovely color anyway. I'm sad that I didn't pick up sweet tart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can you see the chunks in the swatch haha? Cotton Candy wasn't in my local store but I'll take a look when I venture further afield :) Sweet Tart is lovely and the colour lasts ages on the lips! xx

      Delete
  2. I picked up Strawberry Shortcake last week and have worn it everyday so far, I really love it. I want to go back and get Sweet Tart too x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a lovely wearable pink :) Do it :D xx

      Delete
  3. I want to go buy these, they sound right up my street. From swatching, Strawberry Shortcake, Lollipop & Sweet Tart are the three I have my eye on!
    http://verylovelystuff.blogspot.com/
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're lovely and definitely worth checking out. I'll be taking a look at the shades I couldn't find and probably picking up some more :) xx

      Delete
  4. I've got my eyes on these AND the new loreal ones too. Choices choices! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I swatched the L'Oreal ones and they were just BRIGHT haha. Not really my thing although they did look like dupes for the YSL Candy Rouge Volupte for a third of the price! xx

      Delete
  5. really want to try these xx

    http:/nicolesmaquillage.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really want to try these. The sweet tart looks absolutely lovely! Want want want! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweet Tart is beautiful, definitely my favourite! xx

      Delete
  7. I have 5 of these, need peachh parfait next xxx


    www.misslv.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'm going to have to buy most of them haha xxx

      Delete