Monday 4 February 2013

Guest Post: Best Budget Beauty Buys

Oh Winter you do treat us well. Cold weather, an absolute age until pay day, and a credit card bill as long as your arm. Today's guest post is a bit of a lifesaver. Roxanne from Love Vintage is going to show us her best budget beauty buys so we can still look fab on the few remaining pounds in our purses. Perfect!


Many of us probably like to over-indulge every-so often by buying things that are quite expensive, but total luxury. Although high-end products are an expense worth making, there are also many bargains to be had on the Great British high street. You can often find good quality and affordable items in Boots and Superdrug and they are usually around a 1/3 of the price! I am here to show you what I would regard as 10 of the best!

1. Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation

This foundation is one of the best I have ever used. It offers a medium coverage, lasts all day and gives you that dewy, healthy finish that everyone is after. It really is one of the best on the highstreet and is an absolute bargain at around £8.99! A must have in any make-up fanatics collection!



2. Palmers Cocoa Butter Formula Moisturizing Body Oil

There is nothing I like more after a long day, than stepping out the shower and using this body oil to give my skin some nourishment. It leaves skin feeling SO soft and the best thing is it absorbs really quickly, so your not left with that damp feeling as if you can't get changed. The smell is also not as strong as all the other Palmers products which is actually something I really like as I find the typical scent a bit sickly!

3. Real Techniques Buffing Brush

This brush is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. It is super soft and blends foundation in an instant without worrying about streaky patches or tide lines. It is honestly one of the best items I have in my make-up collection and I don't know what I'd do without it. I know it is not that cheap as you have to buy it in the Core Collection which retails at around £21, but in all honesty it is fantastic and is just a staple to have that will last you a long time.


4. Sleek Brow Kit

This little beauty is a fantastic dupe for the Benefit Brow-Zings, and in my opinion, just as good. It comes with a powder and a wax, and together they make the perfect brow combo!

5. Kate Moss for Rimmel Lipsticks

I adore these lipsticks! In my opinion they are some of the best from the drugstore. They are so pigmented and feel wonderful on the lips. I have four of them, one from each of the collections and 2 from the matte collection and I love them all. They are such a bargain at only £5.49!


6. MUA Blush

The MUA £1 blushes are probably one of my best discoveries. They are ridiculously pigmented that you literally only have to hover your brush in them and you have more than enough to use. They also come in really wearable shades-and all this for just £1. It's a no brainer really- buy one!


7. Nivea Essentials Lip Balm

This lip-balm is so moisturising, smells delicious and is so cheap. I love to apply it before I put my make-up on as it just makes my lips feel super soft. It is also very glossy so can be worn by itself as a type of clear gloss.

8. Topshop Cream Blushes

I LOVE these blushes. They are a cream to powder formula so don't feel all sticky and horrid on the face. They also come in a beautiful range of colours and are only £6! I do wish they lasted a bit longer on the cheeks though!


9. Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer

There is so much hype around this product and it totally deserves all the praise it gets. It covers everything in sight and is so affordable compared to many other good quality concealers on the market.

10. MUA Undressed Pallet

This bad boy is incredible for the price. It has so many different shades of wearable colours that all look amazing together. It is meant to be a dupe for the UD Naked Pallet but if you're on a budget this would do amazingly!


I'd just like to thank Kim for allowing me to Guest-Post on her wonderful blog! 

What are your best drugstore finds?


Blog: Love Vintage | Twitter: LoveVintage1

♥ ♥ ♥

Thank you to Roxanne for a lovely post! For all things fashion, beauty and vintage, pop over to her blog :)

If you'd like to guest post for Kimtopia, please drop me an email

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I've seen so many people rave about this particular foundation, think I'll have to take a look at it x

      Delete
  2. this post was lovely to read, definitely want to pick up the Rimmel foundation as soon as my current one runs out :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Thalia, I'll pass on your feedback to Roxanne :) xx

      Delete
  3. I love the MUA blushers, although I've smashed both of the ones I've owned !

    Jayde xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eek oh no! I haven't tried them yet but everything in my store is usually sold out ha x

      Delete