Friday 8 February 2013

Treat time: Elf Haul

True to form, I've broken a New Year's beauty resolution. I bought makeup I didn't need. I have no willpower. But why don't you sit back and look at the pretties?


Its been quite a while since I ordered from elf (eyeslipsface.co.uk) but I received an email telling me about their new Studio products, hot from across the pond. So I had a little looksie and well, you can see what I got! I've always been a big fan of the elf Studio line - they're products are excellent considering their budget price point. Two things I ordered weren't from the Studio line but from the regular line of products and they were the Blending Eye Brush and a Nail Polish in Fairy Dust. I've lost count of the number of the brushes I own. I love them. And they're only £1.50. I also have quite a few elf polishes and this is a new flakie that I don't own yet and I'm all over stuff like this.


After spending ages trawling Google Image search for swatches of elf products, I added the Studio Lip Stain in First Date to my basket. Unfortunately I was quite disappointed with this. Whilst the colour is lovely, the product has quite a chemical scent. It dries a little too quickly for my liking on the lips to give a matte finish and the gloss, while not stick, washes out the colour.


I was quite excited hearing that elf had launched a range of HD blushes to their Studio line. The packaging is incredibly similar to the Make Up For Ever HD blushes but at a snippet of the price. These are £3.75 a pop and there are currently 5 colours in the range. I picked up three - Headliner, Superstar and Diva. You only need the *teeniest* bit of product in order to build up a lovely wash of colour and I found it to be long-lasting on my skin.




I'm not really sure why I bought these products. I think I got suckered in by the prettiness and the 'baked' thing. However these really are rather lovely. I picked up Studio Baked Blush in Peachy Cheeky (left) and Studio Baked Bronzer in St. Lucia (right). Peachy Cheeky reminds me a little of Sleek's infamous Rose Gold blush. St. Lucia isn't deep enough to be a contour colour on me but I think it'll be great for warming up my complexion when the sun makes an appearance.


♥ ♥ ♥

Have you tried any of the new elf products? Are you tempted? And has anyone else broken their self-imposed spending ban?!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

20 comments:

  1. I'm really tempted to try new Elf!!
    ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do have some fab products at the moment x

      Delete
  2. I was really tempted to put in an order to try the HD and baked blushers. I resisted though, even though they look lovely!

    Leanne @ Leanne-Marie | Beauty, fashion & lifestyle. x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Elf products. The baked blushes look amazing! XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My only thing with the baked blushes is that they all seem to be quite shimmery although I can pull it off with a colour like Peachy Cheeky xx

      Delete
  4. I really want to get the baked blush! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh I didn't know they were doing baked blushes now - that looks nice! I've got the Diva HD blush, an American friend got it for me before they were released here, the ones I really wanted were Headliner and Superstar but they were out of stock everywhere. I've got to say I haven't mastered the application of it yet, haha x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're nearly out of stock over here now too, must be popular! Haha me either. I got one cheek perfect this morning then went a bit clownish on the other side. Whoops! Obvs toned it down before I went out haha x

      Delete
  6. sa-weet! how did you know elf was my favorite? im just like you: i need to go to google images to find swatches of everything side by side. once i collect one of each of the lipsticks, i will doing a favor to the other elf buyers and snaping some pictures for my blog. i also really want every one of the lip stains. birthday suit especially. and first date. and the other pink one... fashionista is it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's such a good idea, I spent ages searching online for swatches! x

      Delete
  7. I love the look of the ELF HD blush!

    Jayde xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm loving the colours, but finding application tricky! x

      Delete
  8. I picked up the same HD blushes as you did! Although I would have gotten more but they were sold out at the time x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fab :) Yeah some were sold out when I looked too. I'm sure they'll get new stock in soon x

      Delete
  9. I love everything you got. Those HD blushes are definitely on my to try list :) x

    ReplyDelete