Monday 3 August 2009

Every cloud...

Oh dear. Attempting to gain entry onto the legal career ladder seems ever increasingly depressing. Lawminx's blog post really shows how unfair and impossible it seems.

But shall we concede and give up? No we bloomin' well shall not. We'll take our academics (despite being "in attendance at Thick As a Brick College, University of the STICKS". I hear you on that one!), our accents, backgrounds and life experience and show the recruiters what we're made of. After all, that age old proverb "if at first you don't succeed, try, try again" must apply. Yes? *Sigh* We'll see.

Until next time,
PPPD xx

4 comments:

  1. Hi Dottie,

    A belated welcome to the Legal Ether!

    Please dont let my tiny rant in any way deter you from the prospect of a career in law - you sound as if you have incredible passion for the subject!!

    Thanks for adding me to your blogroll - have added you to mine in kind!

    I look forward to reading of your adventures at university! Are you now coming into your second year?! ( OOOO, what FUN!!! :)) )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, thanks. Glad this comment malarky finally worked :]

    Oh no, you didn't deter me, sometimes it just feels like everything conspires against us aspring lawyers. We'll get there in the end!

    Thanks very much :]

    Can't wait to get back to uni. I'm going into my 3rd year. Exciting stuff.

    PPPD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tempus Fugit, eh?

    All the VERY best for that 3rd year - I do hope you'll be able to keep the Ether posted!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exactly! Doesn't seem five minutes since I started 1st year and in a few months it'll all be over. Thank you :] I sure will!

    ReplyDelete