Wednesday 1 September 2010

Review: The Body Shop Lip & Cheek Stain

Hello petals :)

A while ago, I picked up InStyle magazine purely to try out this product. I mean, for a fraction of it's RRP, who wouldn't? I picked up shade 01 Rose Pink.

Product


The Body Shop say: For a natural looking just blushed glow to the cheeks or just bitten in to a strawberry lips, this double-duty product is a must have for the make-up bag. The more you sweep it on, the deeper it gets. Contains panthenol to help moisturise the skin, and glycerine which is an effective moisturiser which significantly improves hydration.

I say: I wasn't quite sure what to expect with this product, as I'd never tried anything like it before. I was surprised to find it has a water like consistency. Having watched a Benefit Babe apply Posie Tint to a friend, I followed her tips to apply and found that it worked surprisingly well, especially on the cheeks. It blends well and the colour deepens as you add more. My lips felt surprisingly hydrated until it dried. It gives a lovely colour which is perfect for the upcoming winter!

Application



The Body Shop say: Dab to lips or cheeks, using the doe's foot applicator, and blend using your fingertips or our professional make-up sponge. Because the Lip & Cheek Stain is fast-drying, apply to one cheek at a time to allow more blendability.

I say: I used the doe foot applicator to dot across my cheeks then used my fingers to blend it out. On my lips, I used the applicator to apply and pressed my lips together to get an even colour. Due to the consistency, this does dry quickly - so definitely do one cheek at a time! On my lips, I applied a gloss over the top to give a polished finish. Overall, I loved the product, especially the colour. I think it's perfect for warming up cheeks in the colder months. 

Price: £9.50
Size: 8ml
Shades: 01 Rose Pink and 02 Bronze Glimmer
Available from: The Body Shop

Ratings
Product: 9/10
Price: 8/10
Packaging: 10/10
Overall: 9/10
Repurchase: Maybe but there are cheaper products available I'd probably try first


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment