Monday 13 September 2010

Review: e.l.f. Shimmer Eyeliner Pencils

Hello dolls :)

Lots of you lovelies have asked for a review of these shimmer eye pencils, so who am I to disappoint?

Product


Check out the caps! Well done e.l.f.!!

e.l.f. say: Instantly brighten eyes with e.l.f.'s shimmering metallic liners that put the spotlight on eyes. The smooth formulation glides on effortlessly without tugging at the delicate eye area. Choose from an assortment of 9 delicious and essential shades designed to add depth, definition and a special sparkle to create a very glamorous look! Pencil includes a convenient sharpener cap for easy use!

I say: I was so surprised by these! I haven't used pencils in ages because I just don't like the way they feel, they always wear off, and the formula just isn't right. But e.l.f. have REALLY pulled all the stops out for these babies!! The colours are gorgeous. The fact that they come with sharpeners in the caps is incredibly useful as it means I save time trying to remember where the devil I put mine, and of course it's handy if you're travelling or you have these in your bag. Now, the formula. Bliss. Really. They glide on, which surprised me, they're quite creamy. Also, the shimmer really comes through which really pleased me. Now, someone change my PayPal password before I order the other 6 ;)


Application




e.l.f. say: Apply to the lash line alone, under or over eyeshadow as desired. Create a special occasion smoky eye by lining both upper and lower lashlines, blending and smudging out for a colourful, trendy eye look.

I say: I love these as liners, they're so good! I've used them to line my lower lash line for a pop of colour and a hint of sparkle to set off my eye make up. Plum Passion is more of a pink and it is really lovely. So far, it's my favourite!!! Gunmetal is perfect for a smoky look - again, I used it to line my lower lash line for a hint of colour and sparkle. I've also used this all over my lid, and WOW it looks good :D I don't know about you, but I find it easier to use liner then smudge shadow under my lashes. And it saves on fallout :D Twinkle Teal is a nice colour, but my least favourite of the three. It's more green than teal and I found it was the only one that lost its vitality towards the end of the day, which is a shame. Overall, I cannot recommend these enough. Keep watching for when they come back in stock and order, order, order!


Price: £1.50 each
Size: 14g
Available from: e.l.f.

Ratings
Product: 9/10
Price: 10/10
Packaging: 10/10
Overall: 9/10
Repurchase: Yes!

Have you tried any of these shimmer pencils? What do you think? Seen any shades you want to get your mitts on? Let me know :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

5 comments:

  1. Great Review Kim. I will definately check these out when I get round to ordering soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no. I have you to blame for my ordering of these now! I expected that they'd be cheap scratchy eye pencils, but very excited that they're not! Thanks for the review lovely! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. xDiamondsandPearlsx - Thanks :) Totally recommend Gunmetal :D xx

    Rachel - Haha sorry ;P They're totally the opposite, I love them!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want them so badly!! I'm waiting for their big restock!! :) Thanks for the review and the swatches girl ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope they're back in stock for you soon :) That's quite alright! xx

    ReplyDelete