Wednesday 18 August 2010

Review: Make Up For Ever Aqua Cream

Hello crumpets :)

A couple of weeks ago, I managed to actually bag myself something from Goss' infamous blog sales. Hurrah! I was a little bit excited about this. And I was finally trying a new brand! Seven days after the sale, and one annoying encounter with Royal Mail later, I received my little package.

Product


I have Shade 5 - Peach

MUFE say: Aqua Cream is an ultra-pigmented, long-lasting waterproof cream. Highly concentrated in mother-of-pearl and pigments, it provides immediate colour payoff with a luminous finish. It's long-lasting formulation will not crease or smudge under the most extreme conditions. 

I say: I was pleased with the pigmentation of the Aqua Cream. It's a gorgeous peach colour speckled with gold and is a really buildable, wearable colour. It's really gorgeous! It stayed put all day without creasing, smudging or fading.

Application

Photos taken in natural light, as the flash wiped out all colour *sigh*


MUFE say: Apply Aqua Cream with fingertips or any kind of brushes. For specific application on the lips or the cheeks, hydrate the desired areas before using Aqua Cream. To increase your eye make-up quality and prevent the colour from drying out, apply Aqua Cream one eyelid at a time. To create new colours, Aqua Cream shades can be mixed together. To create customized looks, you can add other products to Aqua Cream such as glitter, strass, star powder, diamond powder (apply the add-ons before Aqua Cream to fix your make up). Once Aqua Cream is applied, increase it's hold properties by applying Eye Seal. Paraben free.

I say: Granted, I found this information when writing the review, and not before use. So erm yeah, I've just done my own thing with them, but I'll try it and report back later. Having read it, it does explain why they are called Aqua Creams hahaha! According to the MUFE website, Shade 5 is for lips and cheeks. Well, I disagree on the lips point. I applied it and it didn't work very well. Maybe following the instructions might help! However, it applied dreamily as a blush, I found the colour to be just perfect and buildable if desired. I also applied to my eyes (meh, who cares about rules?) and again, I found it buildable and nicely pigmented. I didn't prime my eye beforehand, and it stayed in place all day with no sign of creasing. Well done MUFE!!!

Applied to the eyelid:

Rest assured, I will now follow the instructions and try it on my lips again. But I'll wait for my impending arrival of MAC Fix + so check back next week to see if I've found any difference :)

Price: £16.95
Shade range: Available in 22 shades, Aqua Cream is multi-purpose and can be applied on your lips, cheeks, and eyes. Shades #5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10 are formulated for lips and cheeks. Shades #1, 2, 3, 4, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 20, 21 and 22 are formulated for the eyes and cheeks. (I didn't miss out #19, it wasn't listed on the website).
Size: 6g

Ratings
Product: 10/10
Price: 8/10
Packaging: 10/10
Overall: 9/10
Repurchase: When I run out, I probably will unless I find something more readily available

Have you tried Make Up For Ever Aqua Creams? Any thoughts?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

3 comments:

  1. you have such lovely eyes! and as weird as it sounds a really nice eye shape! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried anything from MUFE but that Aqua Cream looks gorgeous on you! :) xx

    PS...what nail varnish are you wearing? Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sophie - Thank you :) Hehe that's a new one on me, but thank you lovely xx

    Make-up Addict - MUFE is a bit hard to get hold of really as there are just the two retailers as far as I know. Keep an eye out for Goss' blog sales - he always sells MUFE at really cheap prices! Thank you :) I'm wearing Nails Inc China Town with Rimmel Lycra Pro Matte Top Coat xx

    ReplyDelete