I tweeted about this last night and I've only just gotten round to posting this due to cleaners/shopping/mild allergic reaction to brazil nuts. Anyway heyho, here we go!
Taken without a flash - correct representation of colours. Flash made it look unrealistic!
I used George Blue Lagoon, which happens to be my favourite polish of the moment, as the base colour. Then I decided to experiment with my Dollar Nail Art items. Out popped Royal Orchid glitter and silver rhinestones. Here's what I came up with:
How did I do it?
* Apply base coat and allow to thoroughly dry, i.e. no tackiness or this will not work
* Use a clear polish and bring the brush from the side of your nail, about 3-4mm down, diagonally up towards the centre of the tip so you have a triangle of clear polish. Repeat on the other side
* Sprinkle glitter over the parts with the wet, clear polish
* Blow gently to remove any excess. Do this on as many nails as you wish. Do one nail at a time though!
* To add the rhinestone, place a little bit of polish at the centre of the shape you've created but slightly below the glitter and then drop the rhinestone on. Allow to dry
* Apply a top coat but be careful not to drag the polish over the glitter too much to avoid transfer of glitter from your nail to the brush
It's not perfect. But with practice and all, maybe it will be. I hope so anyway, I bought 4 glitters from Dollar Nail Art!
Have you ever tried using glitter on your nails? How did you get on?