Monday 22 February 2010

KOTD

Hi

As I felt too ill to sit through a 2 hour lecture on the EU *YAWN*, I had a nap and then felt in the mood to do my nails. I decided to use my new Konad plates. Well, that was the plan anyway. I started out with No 7's Stay Perfect Nail Colour in Pearly Pink as a base colour and thought it'd look great contrasted with Avon's Nailwear Pro Nail Colour in Wicked. Erm, well, no. I decided that firstly, the No 7 colour totally did not suit my skin tone. I never really understood the nail polish/skin tone thing until today. Gold toned pink shades do not work for me. Secondly, Wicked didn't quite go with it, not that using the M19 plate is at all easy. Fail. So I took it off and started all over again. Here's what I came up with:


What did I use?
Nails Inc China Town - I love this colour, it makes me feel like Barbie haha
Konad plate M56
Konad white polish
Dotting tool

I know, it's not perfect. I couldn't for the life of me get it straight, apart from the ring finger of my left hand. I guess I need to practice more! I decided to add the dots as a little extra touch, that I think work really well :)

What do you think? Have you had better luck with the M19 or M56 plates?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

8 comments:

  1. The bows are so pretty! Love it &hearts xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww that looks so cute! I would get one of those Konad things but my hand is too shaky and I love my acrylics too much!!! haha! You are so good at it though!!!
    Natalie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great! I need to do mine tonight, might have to be a bit of a copycat ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks :) Go for it! I'd love to see what you come up with! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow I think these are my favourite from you so far x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks :) I love them, they're so girly. I'm really into bows and stuff atm x

    ReplyDelete