Wednesday 3 February 2010

Review: Batiste Coloured Dry Shampoo for Brunettes

Hello everyone :)

I'd heard a bit about this product from various different bloggers, so I decided to take the plunge and get one for myself. I was a bit sceptical at first, but I figured if I'm running late and it saves me washing, drying and styling my hair, then it'd be worth it. Here's what I thought:



About the product

Batiste say: Batiste Dry Shampoo for Brunette Hair, specially formulated for brunette hair tones to dry cleanse and complement your hair colour with no powder residue, revitalises greasy, dull and lifeless hair between washes. Quick and convenient to use wherever you are.

I say: Well, that sounds great. I was still a little intrigued as to how the product really works. If you read the front of the can, it says "Refreshes hair between washes. Temporary colour blends oily roots." Ah. So that's how it works. As soon as I saw this, I immediately felt unsure. However, I thought I'd give it a bash, and one of my friends says she swears by this stuff. So it must work right? RIGHT! I was in a rush the other morning and didn't have the time to wash, dry, and style my hair. So I reached for Batiste. Et voila, my hair was revitalised in seconds. Magic! There was no visible residue, even when I ran my fingers through my hair. And it saved me about half an hour. Sold!

Application




Batiste say: Shake can vigorously before use and in between sprays. Hold can approximately 20cm from hair and spray lightly, giving even coverage. Use fingertips to massage through hair and leave for a few moments. Brush product out, preferably using a natural bristle brush.

I say: Follow the instructions and you get exactly what it promises. Another "exactly what it says on the tin" jobby. It also smells really nice :)

Price: £2.99
Size: 150ml
Available from: Boots & Superdrug

Ratings
Product: 5/5
Price: 5/5
Packaging: 5/5
Overall: 5/5
Repurchase: Definitely!

Have you tried Batiste dry shampoos? Got any thoughts to share or recommendations to make?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

7 comments:

  1. Ohhh I've been so hestitant to buy this despite my lack of batiste,
    totally sold!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love bastiste and really want to try the dark one but I can never seem to find it anywhere :( xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that's a shame! Have you tried any of the other dry shampoos? I was confused by the range lol and didn't understand which I should get to opted for Brunette. I think it's uber popular though because there were like 2 cans but loads of the others xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Batiste! I have tried some dry shampoo from I think Trevor Sorbie but it wasn't very good at all and of course a lot more expensive.
    Do you know if they do one for blonde hair?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had one of these, I loved the effect, just wish the coconutty smell wasn't so strong, felt like it made it really obvious I hadn't washed my hair haha! It's still a great product though.

    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. itsalovelycake - Oh gosh, really? You'd think a big name like Trevor Sorbie would be good. Goes to show that more money isn't always equated with a better product! To be honest I'm not sure if there's a dry shampoo for blonde hair. They had about 6 or 7 different varieties of Batiste but I haven't a clue what they were for, sorry!

    Lazy...Dazey - I really like the smell lol :) xx

    ReplyDelete