Monday 1 February 2010

FOTD

Hiya

I can't believe it's February already! How quick did January go?! Hopefully Winter will end soon (yes, Mother Nature, we don't want any more snow plzkthx) and Spring will arrive. I'm thinking in particular March, when of course, on the 1st, I will be queuing up outside Debenhams before it even opens in order to get my hands on an Urban Decay Alice in Wonderland palette! Don't tell me I won't be the only one :p

Anyway, on to the point of this post, an FOTD. I was having a look in my make up stash last night and found my Sleek Graphite palette lurking at the bottom. Oops! So out it came this morning. On the back of the success of my first smokey eye, I thought I'd try it with the colours in the Sleek palette.




What did I use?
Eyes
GOSH eye shadow base
#1 on the inner 3rd and as a highlight
#12 on the rest of the lid
#9 on the outer V and crease
Rimmel Exaggerate Eye Definer in Noir on the upper lash line and waterline
Clarins Wonder Perfect Mascara in black

Face
Avon Magix Face Perfector
Max Factor Natural Touch Foundation in Natural
Max Factor Master Touch Under Eye Concealer in Ivory
Maybelline Dream Mousse Blush in Dolly Pink

Lips
Palmer's Cocoa Butter Lip Balm
e.l.f. Mineral Lipstick in Rosy Raisin

In my review post of the Graphite palette, I said that I got some creasing despite using an eye shadow base. I've had this make up on for about 5 hours, and I have creasing again. Does anyone else find this with the Sleek Graphite Palette?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I wish I had got the Graphite Palette when it was floating about! :(
    Looks lovely on you!
    Natalie
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Silver is definitely your colour! And your eyes are stunning!

    Waiting for spring too! Who isn't? :) No UD for me though, cause I'm taken into the mineral makeup world. lol

    Btw, I still get problems with my UDDP and some mineral eyeshadows. They fade and crease so quickly! I guess there might be two reasons:

    1. Our leads are too oily.
    2. Mineral eyeshadows (Sleek eye shadows are mineral, aren't they?) tend to fade and crease on oilier leads.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you :)

    That's the odd thing though, I don't have oily lids. I know mineral eye shadows tend to crease more but my other mineral shadows don't which is wierd. Yes, Sleek are mineral shadows. Maybe it's just the way they're made :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know, doesn't it seem like christmas was just yesterday lol.
    Love that look, I've been pondering about buying a Sleek palette, they get so many good reviews.
    X

    PS. I have brow envy, ha. How'd you do them?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes it does! Time is going far too quickly lol. Thanks :) I use a brow pencil and then brow powder :) Oo yes Sleek palettes - it took me ages to find the Graphite one and then I found an eBay seller that had some for £5.29 but she appears to have sold out of the Graphite ones. She's got some of the others though if you want the link :) xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. ur eyebrows always look AMAZING :) looking lovely babe, love this look
    Steph x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the purple edges, it looks very chic!

    ReplyDelete