Tuesday 15 June 2010

Review: Benefit Coralista

Hello kittens :)

A while ago, I bought Coralista from Sinead's blog sale. There was a bit of confusion as to whether it was genuine or not (it was an eBay purchase) but all the signs seem to point towards it being genuine. Yay! Anyway, now I've used it quite a bit, I thought I'd share my opinions on it with you :)

Product

Image Credit: Benefit

Image Credit: Benefit

Benefit say: Take a tropical pleasure trip with Coralista. Sweep this coral pik powder onto cheeks anytime, anywhere. Move your brush to the beat and turn up the heat... bikini optional! Our warm coral-pink cheek powder is your "coral blush for a tropical flush!" This shade cheers up every skin tone in seconds.

I say: I'd definitely say this was more coral than pink. It's a very warm shade. It looks gorgeous in the box. I think it's a little too coral for me personally. Perhaps I'm just too pale for it haha. I might stick with my Miss Sporty peach blush instead :)

Application

Swatches
*flash*

*no flash*
My camera has washed out the intensity of the blush *facepalm*

Benefit say: Swirl brush in the box and blow off excess. Smile and brush lightly across the apples of your cheeks, starting from the hairline and working in.

I say: This is a highly pigmented blush, so I'd definitely be careful with the amount of product you get on your brush. It gives a beautiful colour, definitely more coral than pink, but I still think it's a little bright for my skin tone.

Price: £23.50
Size: 12g
Available from: Benefit, Boots, beauty21.co.uk

Ratings
Product: 7/10
Price: 3/10
Packaging: 8/10
Overall: 6/10
Repurchase: No - I really don't think it's worth all the hype it gets. Glad I didn't pay full price!


Do you have Benefit Coralista? What are your opinions?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

7 comments:

  1. I apply lipsticks on bare lips :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww what a shame you're not a fan... at least you didn't pay the full price for it!
    Personally, Coralista is one of my favourite blushes, I wear it all the time! xx

    www.thatspeachy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Siilike - This is in reply to my lippie post yesterday wasn't it? Try applying a lip balm first like Palmer's Cocoa Butter Lip Balm then apply your lipstick and see if it makes a difference :) xx

    Tor - Ha yeah that's a bit of a blessing!! I think I just need to experiment with it a bit more to find the perfect application :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't find it very pigmented on me at all, it's why I don't wear it more. Odd x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh really? I always get too much on and have to blend like mad haha xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been lusting after this for ages as its such a pretty colour but I often find Benefit products aren't worth the hype so not sure whether to purchase or not x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fei - I don't think Coralista is worth the hype personally, but I bet there's 10 other bloggers that would tell you otherwise! I suppose you could get it, try it then if you didn't like it, sell it on your blog/Twitter/eBay :) xx

    ReplyDelete