Tuesday 8 June 2010

Review: No 7 Limited Edition Powder Highlighter

Hello crumpets :)

Absolutely ages ago, well... April, I snapped up this cute little item from Cosmetic Candy's blog sale. I've been using it quite a bit, and thought I'd review it for you :) Even if it is an LE item and no longer available muahahaha.

Product

Cute packaging, yes?


I've used this a lot - you can barely tell!

No 7 say: Put the romance back into your beauty this season, with this powder-soft, whisper-light highlighter.

I say: I have to say, when I opened this for the first time, I wasn't quite expecting the powder to look so... foundation like? I think this is because it's a pressed powder. I was expecting to see more shimmer, but I think that's because a while back I saw the latest LE highlighter and it looked substantially different to this one. As you can see in the above photos, there's a cute flower design on the powder that matches the lid. It's rather lovely.  It blends nicely leaving a lovely subtle highlight. Overall, I was impressed with this product..

Application

The compact features a handy mirror and a brush

Swatch *flash*

No 7 say: Lightly dust onto your face, body and décolleté for skin that looks lit from within. 

I say: I use this to highlight the tops of my cheekbones, and the brush provided does a perfect job. I swipe the brush across the highlighter, then brush across the tops of my cheekbones and a little way up the temple to help give some definition. I then blend it in and I'm left with a gorgeous, subtle highlight that is noticeable where the light catches my face.

Price: Haven't got a clue but I paid about £7 for it
Size: Not a clue o.O
Available from: Well, nowhere but I'd keep your eye out for any similar items!

Ratings
Product: 10/10
Price: 10/10 (Shhh I know it was a blog sale)
Packaging: 10/10
Overall: 10/10
Repurchase: If I ever run out of this (it's looking unlikely folks, I've used it a lot and not even made a dent in it!) then I'd see if No 7 have anything similar in their permanent line.

Has anybody else got this highlighter? Or own another one by No 7? What do you think?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

10 comments:

  1. Great review! Shame it's not in stores anymore!
    I tagged you on my blog too btw :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :) Hopefully they have something similar out soon. Oo thank you lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The box is so pretty! And it's so good that the brush is actually good and useable! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it lovely? Ha I know, I was surprised! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hehe sorry dear. Keep an eye out for when No 7 next bring out a highlighter :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks absolutely divine! Will be great for summer! Packaging is super cute as well!!
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isn't it just? Sure is :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. the packaging is so cute! I got a lip gloss duo from this range and its awesome too :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds nice :) I'm going to have to keep an eye out for more No 7 LE collections xx

    ReplyDelete