Thursday 10 June 2010

Review: e.l.f. Studio Under Eye Concealer & Highlighter

Hello poppets

I'm a sucker for free delivery. Any kind of offer really and I'm compelled to buy something. This needs to stop haha! Anyway, last Thursday e.l.f. were offering free shipping again on Facebook so I made another order. It arrived on Saturday! You can't fault them for their speedy shipping! I was asking on Twitter about various products and loads of you lovelies told me I needed this concealer in my life. Before I knew it, it was in my basket and a receipt was winging its way to me over the interweb. Brilliant. What do I think of this concealer? And were the girlies right to recommend it? You bloomin' betcha! To see why, read on :)

Product


e.l.f. say: Corrects under eye problematic areas such as dark circles and bags easily and effectively. Contains vitamins A & E, chamomile, green tea and caffeine to moisturize, soothe, and tighten the skin around the delicate eye area.

I say: I've said this before, and I'll say it again - I love the packaging of Studio products. It looks and feels so much more expensive than it is. Thumbs up e.l.f.!! On to the product, and I love the concealer. It really made a difference to the dark areas beneath my eyes. My normal concealer wasn't really helping, and this was half the price! Crazy. As for the highlighter, I didn't really see any noticeable difference beneath my eyes. However when I swatched it on my hand and blended, you could see the brightening effects. Hmm. I didn't feel any tightening effect. I think that job is best left to Soap & Glory's Super Eyes Super Eyes :) Overall though, a pretty nifty little product.

Application

Concealer

Highlighter

e.l.f. say: Use the Conceal side under the eye area to disguise under eye bags and help reduce the appearance of wrinkles, dark circles and puffiness while helping the skin around the eyes look firmer and rejuvenated. The Highlight cream gives eyes an instant brightening boost with light-reflecting pigments that work like an instant eye lift (can also be used as an eye shadow base).

I say: The concealer effectively hid my dark circles. I don't have eye bags, wrinkles or puffiness so I can't comment on that. Like I said before, I didn't really see any noticeable difference with the highlight cream, but perhaps I need to use more, or blend it differently or something. If you have any ideas, feel free to pass them on :)

Price: £3.50
Size: 5g of concealer, 5g of highlighter
Available from: e.l.f.

Ratings
Product: 8/10
Price: 10/10
Packaging: 10/10
Overall: 9/10
Repurchase: Yes

Have you tried this? Do you want to? Let me know :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

4 comments:

  1. Yes, I want it. I want everything. I want free posting to be the rule!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They do free shipping so often, they may as well make it free permanently! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. i use the highlighter with a small brush on my browbone, after i'm done with everything else. it accentuates my eyebrows beatifully.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like a good idea! I'll have to try it. Thanks for the tip :) xx

    ReplyDelete