Thursday 24 June 2010

Review: Revlon PhotoReady Foundation

Hiya :)

I've ummed and ahhed over whether to get this for absolutely ages. I swatched it in Boots and wasn't too sure about the glitter thing, but when I saw a brand new bottle on a blog sale for £6 I snapped it up. At least it wasn't full price if I didn't like it right? So, did I? Keep reading to find out :)

Product

Image Credit: Google Images

Revlon say: For poreless, airbrushed skin in any light. Photochromatic pigments bend and reflect light to erase every flaw. Complete, yet undetectable coverage. Soft, luminous finish. Oil free, fragrance free, and contains SPF 20.

I say: On first application, I really didn't think this was anything special. Luckily it was not a glitterfest as I'd previously worried about. However I didn't look flawless or airbrushed. I think ColorStay does a much better job on this front. Sorry Revlon. One thing I am pleased about is the fact that PhotoReady is oil free and contains SPF20. This means I don't go shiny towards the end of the day, and my skin is protected.

Application


Revlon say: Using finger tips or a Revlon Foundation Brush, blend foundation onto skin starting in the centre of your face, forehead, nose and chin, blending outward.

I say: As with all foundation, I use a brush to apply, in particular the GOSH Duo Fibre brush. I always use a primer first. The first time I used PhotoReady, I found that it looked a bit cakey and I have no idea why. I tried it again and it was fine. Maybe I had too much on first time round. Overall, it gave a nice finish and I didn't look like an extra from Twilight. Win.

Price: £12.99 (Currently £9.99 in Boots)
Size: 30ml
Available from: Boots

Ratings
Product: 8/10
Price: 9/10
Packaging: 10/10 (A pump finally!)
Overall: 9/10
Repurchase: Probably not, I prefer ColorStay

EDIT: I mixed PhotoReady with ColorStay and it applies so much better giving a much nicer finish. LOVE :)

Have you tried PhotoReady? Would you in the future? Let me know what you think :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

4 comments:

  1. i quite like this foundation too but as i have used more of the bottle it seems to have ended up more glittery. My friend hated hers and gave me the rest of her bottle and when i applied it my entire face looked like i had just stuck it in a pot of glitter haha!
    I haven't tried the colour stay yet though so I think I'll definetly try it out :)
    Great review cos I never actually knew it contained spf 20! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice review!! :) I want to try PhotoReady once my skin clears up a little bit, because it doesn't provide a lot of coverage, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review I personally love this foundation! And find it really does live up to its claims and when photographed your skin looks flawless even though my skin is not at all flawless! Ive heard that if you mix colourstay and photo ready its meant to be amazing together ! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stevie - Oh really? I've only just started this bottle, so I'll see how I get on :) ColorStay is amazing!! I reviewed it a couple of weeks ago :) xx

    Stavroula - Thanks :) I've found that it doesn't provide as much coverage as ColorStay, but mixing the two together works quite well xx

    Nicola - Thanks :) That's why I bought it but I haven't photographed it yet - maybe I should get round to it! I heard that yesterday so I tried mixing them today and it does look pretty good :) xx

    ReplyDelete