Monday 19 July 2010

Day Fourteen: A non-fiction book

Hello :)

The next part of the 30 Days tag is tell you about a non-fiction book. This one really had me racking my brains for ideas!

Image Credit: Google Images

I don't really tend to read non-fiction books. The last one that I read, and really, really enjoyed and got in to was the following:

The Audacity of Hope
Image Credit: Waterstones

Yep, politics. Perhaps not everybody's ideal reading of choice, but I took A Level Government & Politics and I really got into it. I've been a bit of a politics nut ever since! I picked this up in a 3 for 2 deal at Waterstones on my university campus absolutely ages ago. I found it such a great and inspirational read and I got through it surprisingly quickly.

Here's the blurb:

'This title presents Barack Obama's political vision for the future of the America. If Barack Obama is successful in his quest to become President of the United States, he will dramatically change the face that his country presents to the world. In this bestselling book, Obama discusses the importance of empathy in politics, his hopes for a different America with different policies, and how the ideals of its democracy can be renewed. With intimacy and self-deprecating humour, Obama describes his experiences as a politician, about balancing his family life and his public vocation. His earch for consensus and his respect for the democratic process inform every sentence. A senator and lawyer, a professor and a father, a Christian and a sceptic, Barack Obama has written a book of transforming power that will inspire people the world over.'

Call me sad, but I really enjoyed this book. I know it's a bit outdated now that he's been President for over a year, but it's a brilliant read. If you're interested in US politics, I definitely recommend it :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment