Tuesday 20 July 2010

Review: e.l.f. Studio Mineral Infused Face Primer

Hi de hi :)

I know quite a few of you have asked me to review this, and I'm never one to disappoint ;P I finally got my hands on the primer in a recent order that I made. At last! So, what do I think? Keep on reading to find out :)

Product


e.l.f. say: Transform your face into a flawless and smooth canvas with the mineral infused face primer. Developed to combat excess oil, flaky dryness, enlarged pores and fine lines to result in a natural and youthful looking radiance. This clear multipurpose skin primer will prepare your skin so makeup goes on evenly for a lasting finish.

I say: After using this, I found that my face felt velvety smooth. It smoothed fine lines and my dry patches vanished. I applied my foundation on top and was left with flawless skin. The primer helped my foundation to stay put all day.

Application

e.l.f. say: Apply to clean skin prior to makeup application. Use a small amount and blend evenly over the face for a smooth and flawless base.

I say: You really do need a small amount. One pump covered my entire face, so this product will last for a while. Although with it being a pump, I'm not entirely convinced that I'll be able to use all of the product. I think e.l.f. maybe need to use a tube similar to the GOSH primer. Overall though I really cannot fault this product.

Price: £6.00 (slightly less than half the price of the GOSH primer)
Size: 14g (slightly less than half the quantity of the GOSH primer but then you need less of the e.l.f. product than the GOSH product so hopefully this evens it out!)
Available from: eyeslipsface.co.uk

Ratings
Product: 10/10
Price: 10/10
Packaging: 8/10
Overall: 9/10
Repurchase: Yes

Have you tried the e.l.f. primer? Do you have another favourite primer to recommend? Let me know :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

6 comments:

  1. I *think* I ordered this at the weekend so I'm currently waiting for it to be delivered and was a bit scared to read your review lol. Glad it's okay though. It's my first time trying a face primer so didn't want to go straight for the more expensive GOSH one

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! You have just reminded me I need to rant about the packaging on this bugger. It works great though! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pump is a right pain on this, for most of the two months or so that this lasts me I have to scoop the primer out using the end of the pump.. I emailed ELF about this and got no reply but will be trying again! Love this primer though, am on my 4th bottle now xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laura - Hehe bless. I really rate it :) I think it'll go just as far as the GOSH one as you need less. Unless that's my skewed logic haha. Makes sense to me. Hope you enjoy it :) xx

    Leanne - Haha I love a good rant :D xx

    Rachel - Oh no really? If I find it's wasteful I'll just revert back to the GOSH one xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great review! :) I love this primer and I wish that they will change the packaging, but even if they don't I'll keep buying it!! :) I've reviewed this too on my blog! :)

    drugstoreandbargainlover

    ReplyDelete