Saturday 12 December 2009

Avon Mini Haul

Hello my dears :)

A few weeks ago while I was at home, I ordered some items from the Avon brochure. I arrived home today for the Christmas vacation (wahoo!) and found my 4 items had arrived.

My order:
- Avon Magix Face Perfector SPF20
- Avon Angled Blusher Brush
- Avon Nailwear Pro Nail Enamel in 'Romance'
- Avon Nailwear Pro Nail Enamel in 'Wicked'


Blusher Brush:


I've been wanting an angled blusher brush for AGES. I was led to believe that Avon had actually stopped doing these and couldn't find any on eBay. Then some angel started delivering Avon catalogues to us at home and luckily they were in stock again. Yay! I think this was £5.50. I shall use it tomorrow and let you know what I think :)

Magix Face Perfector SPF20:

I've been wanting to try a face primer for quite a while but didn't want to pay the earth for one. I really wanted to try the GOSH primer but thought £13 was a bit OTT for my budget. I saw this and decided to give in to temptation. It cost £10. It comes out of the tube in a white creamy-ish formula:

It rubs into the skin and leaves it feeling soft and silky. Lovely. It's completely not greasy or oily either so perfect for any type of skin I would imagine. I'm going to use this tomorrow before using my foundation and I'll hopefully let you know how I get on with it.

Nailwear Pro Nail Enamel:


I've absolutely loved Avon nail polishes for years. They are great colours, have a great consistency, great finish, and last for ages. I ordered these two colours on a bit of a whim. They were reduced from £6 each to £3 each so I effectively got 2 for the price of 1. Bargain! I chose Romance and Wicked.

In the brochure, this looks more purple. In reality it looks quite pink. The next time I do my nails, I'll swatch so you can see what colour this actually is. It looks very similar to a couple of polishes I already own. By swatching we'll see if it does indeed match the high street polishes I currently own. This way if you don't get the Avon brochure or don't want to order online, you can see if there are any high street dupes. This looks close in colour to a No. 7 and a GOSH polish that I have. If I don't like it or it is a match to any of the other polishes that I have I'll add it to my blog sale list :)

I ordered this colour on a bit of a whim. I thought it looked nice. In the brochure it seemed to be a red tinted brown colour. I definitely think its more of a dark cherry red-brown. As soon as I saw the bottle, I knew I'd made the right decision to order. I wanted something a little festive but not too over the top. I cannot wait to try this out!

In other news:
Leanne and I ordered some stuff from the Dollar Nail Art Store in the States around a week ago. She tweeted me earlier to let me know it had arrived! Wow! Quick turnaround. She's sending my order on to me on Monday so fingers crossed it should be here by Wednesday. I am beyond excited for this! Festive nails ahoy!

Until next time,
Dottie xx

2 comments:

  1. the two Avon polishes look AMAZIN! I have a luuuurve for all things lilac ^_~ Hope the primer works out for you swell! A always hate when products don't work out :P xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh me too! To be honest, not found the primer all that helpful, but I have a full review coming soon xx

    ReplyDelete