Wednesday 16 December 2009

NOTD

Hello!! I was in a creative mood this afternoon, so out came the nail polish collection. Yesterday, I saw Leanne's fabulous pastel mani. It inspired me. Until I looked at my nail polishes and realised that I only had 2 pastel colours that did not go together. Fail. Then I saw a George polish that I was yet to use. And I wanted to try GOSH Holographic.

This is what I came up with:

All credit goes to Leanne for the design idea :)

I was in auto pilot mode and added a topcoat, then remembered that Leanne told me that Holographic lost its holographicness when you did that. Oops. I still think its pretty cool. Just not as vibrant.

Which polishes did I use?

George Indigo Dazzle for the base and dots

George Blue Lagoon for the shiny lighter blue stripe

GOSH Holographic for the silver stripe and on some of the blue dots

I've raved about George polishes before, but I really must tell you about the amazingness of Blue Lagoon. You may remember a while ago that I mentioned how shiny and silk like Rimmel Baby Pink polish was. (Can't remember? Refresh your memory here). Blue Lagoon is exactly the same and I absolutely love it. It's a one coat wonder polish! I highly recommend it be added to your collection!

The finished mani kind of reminded me of Xmas wrapping paper. (That reminds me, I need to do the rather tedious task of wrapping all the gifts that I've bought. Yay.) It looks a little frosty and festive. I love it.

Has anybody attempted festive nails recently? I saw Julie's snowmen nail tutorial on YouTube and am quite tempted to try that. However, I have no white polish, and as of yet, we have no snow. Fingers crossed it comes tomorrow just like the weatherman forecast :)

Until next time,
Dottie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment