Thursday 31 December 2009

Review: Nails Inc Catwalk Collection

Hey everyone,

I thought it was high time I got around to reviewing these Xmas goodies. I was lucky enough to receive the Autumn/Winter '09 Catwalk Collection from my parents. It contains 4 must have polishes in 4 gorgeous shades.

The Catwalk Collection


The polishes:
* Belgravia
* Berkeley Square
* Hampstead Heath
* Victoria Gate

Swatches of the individual polishes:

Belgravia

Berkeley Square

Hampstead Heath

Victoria Gate

What do I say about these polishes?
Belgravia is gorgeous, the camera does not do it justice. It is also the only polish in the collection to be a shimmery shade, and the only one that appears to be a one-coat polish. Also easy to remove. Win.

Berkeley Square is a dark grey. The flash on my camera makes it seem brighter than it is. It's a two-coater and surprisingly easy to remove. I do feel it is extremely similar to a George polish I previously bought though.

Hampstead Heath is a pink toned red. When I first saw it, I thought "Oh no not another red." I've already got Tate and I had another red from Nails Inc that I gave to my Mum because they were way too similar and I knew I'd never use them both. However when I applied this I was surprised at the colour. A two coater and a bugger to remove!

Victoria Gate is a nice purple shade. I was disappointed when it didn't acheive opacity on first coat however, as a second coat makes it a hell of a lot darker. I was hoping to not have another dark purple. However, teamed with pink, I think it softens its dark edges a little. Still a lovely colour.

Did anybody else receive Nails Inc products for Christmas? Does anyone else have the A/W '09 Catwalk Collection? What do you think?

Until next time,
Dottie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment