Sunday 6 December 2009

NOTD

NOTD... I hate that. It should be NOTW. I don't have the time or the patience to do my nails every day lol. Anywho, I wanted to use GOSH Wild Lilac. I have to say I was a bit disappointed with it. I used 2 coats to bring it to an opaque finish but then when it dried I noticed it still wasn't perfect. *Sigh*

With flash

Without flash

To be honest, I don't think you can tell its not perfect here. Then again maybe if you click to enlarge? Anyway I decided to jazz it up a bit:


I used Rimmel's 60 Second Nail Polish in 'Pompous' for the dark glittery bit and GOSH Nail Lacquer in Metallic Purple for the shiny stripe separating the light and dark sections.

After going through my nail brushes (all of which I deemed too crap to use) I ended up using my faithful dotting tool to draw the line. It wasn't perfect, especially the right hand (above pictured) but some careful strokes of nail polish covered up any boo-boos I made :)

By the way, what on earth is a fan shaped nail brush for?!

I tell you, I cannot wait until mine and Leanne's order arrives from the dollar nail art store :)

Until next time,
Dottie xx

4 comments:

  1. Wow i love your nails here! The Gosh purple is so pretty & when you jazzed them up a bit they look amazing!

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :) I'm terrible I can't just wear plain polish anymore, I always get the urge to do something funky with it lol xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. @daisychain - It's 3 for 2 in Superdrug at the minute :)

    ReplyDelete