Thursday 31 December 2009

Goodbye 2009, Hello 2010!!

Well, well, what a year it's been! I won't pretend like its been the best year of my life, far from it, but it's had its moments! Here are my highlights of 2009! Enjoy :)

I opened a Twitter account in February to see what all the fuss was about. I am now hooked. And I've had a fab time meeting new people. I've even had a few celeb replies!! If you fancy following me, click here.

I also started dabbling in the blogging world in the summer and I've met some wonderful people and am now totally addicted to blogging about everything haha. I'm ending the year with 20 followers - wow! I can't believe 20 of you are interested in what I have to say. Thanks so much for reading and for commenting, you guys are all brilliant. I hope to meet even more of you in 2010!


2009 was the year I first discovered GOSH. My best find all year. I am addicted and love everything that I've tried so far. My aim for 2010 is to try everything else in the GOSH range! I spy a decreasing bank balance haha!


Another brand I've discovered this year is Nails Inc. I love their polishes and my collection keeps growing. Mainly thanks to eBay! But a girl can never have enough nail polish, right?

2009 was also the year I saw Derren Brown in London - if you ever get the chance to go to one of his stage shows - go. It was a fab night! I also saw Jimmy Carr for the 4th time in good old SkegVegas! And I went to see the amazingly talented comedy legend, Michael McIntyre in Nottingham. If you enjoyed watching him on Live At The Apollo and on his Comedy Roadshow, I'd advise you to get tickets to one of his live shows because he is side splittingly hilarious!

I also turned 21 in November. I am officially an adult. Scary! Now I'm in my third and final year of university, I think I need to give some serious consideration to my future. As much as I'd like it to, I don't think my blogging obsession is going to pay the bills.

Is anybody making New Year's Resolutions? I wasn't going to bother because I only ever break them. However, I feel, as a "grown up" I should make a few sensible ones.

In 2010 I will:

* Make a decision about my future career
* Pay off my overdrafts (I know, I know =\)
* Get a job
* Hopefully save up enough money to buy an Apple Macbook. Goodbye Windows. (Shush, it's a long-term investment ;) )

Things I'm looking forward to in 2010:

* Going to see Billy Connolly at the Hammersmith Apollo on the 5th Jan!
* Finishing university in May
* Graduation in July

Things I'd like to do in 2010:

* See Jimmy Carr again in Skeg next summer
* See James Morrison, Leona Lewis, JLS and the legendary Lady Gaga in concert
* Go to the theatre again, preferably to see Love Never Dies
* Have a well deserved holiday abroad
* Learn the art of water marbling
* Learn how to use Konad
* Adopt a cat from a rescue home but somehow I think I need to win my Dad over first


Until next time,
Dottie xx

4 comments:

  1. I've left you an award on my blog xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will be great to watch Jls, i have bought tickets from
    http://ticketfront.com/event/Jls-tickets looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky you! I'll have to check it out when I've got some money :)

    ReplyDelete