Monday 21 December 2009

Review: Avon Magix Face Perfector

I know I gave a mini first impressions review of this in my Avon mini haul post, but here are my more in-depth thoughts on this face primer.


I've been using the Magix Face Perfector for just over a week now. And I have to say that I'm pretty pleased with this little gem.

What do Avon say?

"Light-as-air gel-powder gives you a naturally flawless look, keeping shine away for up to 10 hours. Skin looks brighter and feels ultra-soft with pores and fine lines visibly smoothed. Wear alone or under foundation."

What do I say?

* It is light-as-air
* I wouldn't necessarily call it a gel-powder. I don't really know how to describe it but I wouldn't call it a gel. It's like an air-whipped cream that transforms to a light dusting of powder (I don't even think that's right really but it reminds me of talc?) and it leaves your skin feeling silky smooth and soft and looking pretty flawless really. My Mum even said how flawless and perfect my skin looked this week. Win!

Sorry this is a bit blurry, my camera hates close up shots :S

* It really does keep shine away all day!! For this factor alone, I LOVE it. I hate it when I put foundation on and then at the end of the day my face begins to look a little shiny. This problem vanishes with this primer. Thumbs up from me!

This was taken around 2am this morning when I got round to taking my make-up off - a long day and no shine!

* I can't really comment on fine lines - I'm only 21 lol!
* I'm currently using, and will be for the foreseeable future I think, Max Factor's Miracle Touch foundation, and I think having this primer on helps application of foundation as it glides on a lot easier, and doesn't streak because it gives you a bit of leeway to blend your foundation seemlessly
* Also, I've noticed the product is lightly fragranced. I'm not sure what of, but I think roses? It smells gorgeous!

The specs:

£10 for 30ml
Currently on offer on the Avon website - Buy 3 items for £18 - mix & match across selected items

Final verdict:

I think it's definitely worth having in your make-up collection. Maybe there are better products out there, but this is the first face primer I've tried, and I have to say I really like it. Nice packaging, nice specs, good product, does what it says on the box, cheapest primer I've seen to date. That's a 5/5 from me!

Have you tried Magix Face Perfector? Have you got another favourite face primer to recommend? I'd love to hear your opinions!

Until next time,
Dottie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment