Wednesday 9 December 2009

My current mani

Evening lovelies!

I had some time to myself this evening and my nail polish was chipped so I decided to do another mani. I was finding it hard to find something to inspire my design. Leanne suggested I googled nail art. So I did, and one of the images I came across was a Union Jack nail design. That settled it, as I was dying to use my new George Indigo Dazzle polish. Because it's such a dark colour, I used the Nails Inc Underground basecoat and then two coats of Indigo Dazzle.

With flash

Without flash

I can't believe that I'm 21 and had to google what the Union Jack looked like haha! Failsville. Obviously I knew what it looked like, I just couldn't remember how the white bit worked. I found this on Google images:


Now, I don't have a white nail polish. Simply because I've never had the urge to use white. Maybe I should buy a small, cheap one for occasions like these? However, the nail art I'd seen used silver for the white part of the flag. Now silver polish I do own. I used a stiff, pointed nail brush and ta da:


I used Nails Inc Eaton Mews for the red parts of the cross (technically a pink polish but the closest I had and it looks red on top of Indigo Dazzle) and Rimmel Lycra Wear Glitz It Up for the white parts.

What do you think? Have you experimented with nail art like this?

Until next time,
Dottie xx

11 comments:

  1. I can't stop staring at my nails, the colours in Indigo Dazzle are amazing! You're going to love it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indigo Dazle is just fantastic isn't it, its defo my fave polish now, gunna put some on once Ive got this glitter off, scared to attempt it though lol. Ill try the tin foil method ;)

    LOVE the Union Jack, thats so clever. My hands are well too shaky to do anything like that :(

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is absolutely gorgeous and lovely. Aww good luck with the glitter removal, I hate doing that. Tin foil method?

    Thanks :)I was quite surprised at how well it turned out lol. Got it on my first attempt too xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I love this, and I need that george polish in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thats so cool!!
    I'm gonna try to do this one :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. @daisychain - It's gorgeous :)

    @FELINE - Thanks :) It's quite easy. Let me know how you get on! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooOooo GORGE mani! Really eye catching and your lines are so smooooooth! Ok ok... 2010, mission to stop biting nails :D xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks! Hehe do it! More nail posts coming soon to inspire you :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so cute :) May have to try this, thanks for the innspiration

    ReplyDelete
  10. No worries, glad you like it :)

    ReplyDelete