Wednesday 9 December 2009

Review: Rimmel Royal Gloss

I received this as a birthday gift from a friend. Previously, I had been looking for a clear lip gloss that isn’t sticky and that had a good staying power. I hadn’t found one, and I refused to pay £5 for the one in the Avon magazine. As luck would have it, my dear friend Lucy popped this into my birthday card.


The shade I have is 301 Moreish. On the tube it says it is ‘Delicious Lipgloss’. Well, that depends on your take on delicious I suppose. I had a quick sniff and it smells like one of those dodgy orange crème chocolates that everybody leaves in the box at Christmas. I immediately thought ‘Oh no’.

Ages ago, I bought a Rimmel Vinyl Lipgloss and it smelt and tasted the exact same. It was overpowering and I hated it. This however, doesn’t seem to taste of anything except sugar when it’s on your lips. I think Rimmel may have gone into business with a sugar company. And they overdid the recipe on this one.

Apart from being overly sweet, it is actually a non sticky lip gloss, unlike the Vinyl one I own. In the tube it does look very pink. However, on application it didn’t seem to colour my lips at all, it just looked clear. My camera refused to photograph it on my lips, so I settled for a swatch. Took ages for me to get that to show up too!

L-R: Elf Super Glossy Lip Shine in Watermelon and Rimmel Royal Gloss in Moreish - see how the Elf one is beautiful and shiny?! Love it! (Post coming soon!)

I was kinda afraid I’d look like a Barbie looking at the tube. Luckily that was not the case. It stayed on my lips for a fair while too. I have no idea how much it is, but maybe worth adding to your collection. If you have a sweet tooth that is.

Until next time,

Dottie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment