1. Sunsilk Shampoo Lively Blonde – I bought this back in October just after I’d had my hair highlighted. When I last had blonde highlights (approximately 5 years ago) I used this and boy did it make my highlights shine and last forever! So, once I finally tracked the stuff down after going into every high street drug store/supermarket/discount store I finally found it in Home Bargains. 99p for a large bottle. So I bought two. I absolutely love this, it comes out of the tube as a sheer yellow-gold colour with flecks of gold shimmer. It looks lush and smells divine (chamomile). So it’s soothing and it’s done wonders for my highlights (hence why I am still raving about it now). When I went home I found it was now being stocked in Asda. Yay!
2. Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula Moisturizing Lip Balm – I stumbled across this lip care saviour around about a year ago now. I was hooked from the first time I used it. (Might have something to do with the fact that it does indeed smell of white chocolate. Yummy.) I’ve bought numerous lip balms over the years, but this is the only one I’ve found that protects my lips completely, smells nice, contains that all important SPF and last for ages once it’s applied. In winter I usually get dry, chapped lips, but those days are over thanks to this wonder product. I think it’s about £1-2 and a tube lasts me quite a while, and I apply 2-3 times a day (usually after eating).
3. Schwarzkopf Osis+ Freeze Hold Spray – I have had this bottle for years. Truth be told, I received this as a gift from a family friend a while back. I used it on the odd occasion that I styled my hair for special occasions. As I’ve become more accustomed to styling my hair, I’ve been using this more frequently, simply because I prefer it to hairspray. I tend to curl my hair with my GHDs and I find that my hairspray (ahem L’Oreal Elnett!) doesn’t hold my style for 5 minutes. This Freeze Hold Spray however is a miracle. I style my hair, spritz this through it and it holds for absolutely ages. It does this by, well, freezing your style in place. Yes, your hair will feel a bit hard if you apply too much, so beware! But it brushes out easily and you can’t see it. Fab.
4. GOSH eye shadow base – I know, I always go on about this, but it truly is my HG eye makeup product. A beautiful creamy product that holds my makeup in place all day with no creasing or fading. And when I say all day, I mean all day – a long day for me makeup wise is about 7am – midnight. The only thing I dislike about this is the packaging. I have discovered that if I poke the thin handle of my eyeliner brush into the tube, there’s loads of product that gets stuck down there that I never previously realised was there! Sort it out please GOSH :) Preferably by putting this product into a small jar rather than a tube.
5. Trevor Sorbie Heat Defence Spray – This item has been a staple item in my collection since I started straightening my hair approximately 6 years ago. It’s affordable, protects my hair, doesn’t leave residue, smells divine and most importantly its pink (haha joking obviously). I spray this liberally through my hair a couple of minutes before straightening and brush through. Then I straighten my hair and it’s soft, shiny and not heat damaged. Fab. I definitely recommend this.
Until next time,