Thursday 17 December 2009

Review: GOSH Holographic Nail Polish

Well, hello there! Now that I've finally used Holographic, I can tell you what I think :)

I swatched it last week and this is what it looked like:

This is before it dried. I wasn't instantly wowed like I thought I'd be.

(Dry) Look at it now!! Holographicness!!

Sorry this is blurry but it shows you the holographicness :D

Ok, so we've established that it looks pretty. What about application and staying power?

When I used it properly on Sunday to do my Xmas mani, it took 3 coats to achieve complete opacity. I think this is quite a thin formula. Usually I hate doing more than 2 coats of a base polish as it tends to go too thick, bubble and peel easily. However, as this is a thin formula, it didn't go thick and bubble. Yay.

Xmas mani
Less than 24 hours later, the polish had chipped. Leanne did warn me in all fairness, but I thought it might last longer than a day! Tonight, I am itching to take it off because it's chipped beyond belief!! A complete disappointment I'm afraid. It might be better suited to a topcoat, but Leanne did say that a topcoat dulls the holographic effect. I used Holographic on my previous mani which you can see here, and I found that while it did dull the holographic effect slightly, it almost looked better than it does without.

Either way its up to you as to how you use Holographic. A great colour, ok application, shame about its lame staying power. I'm kinda glad it didn't cost me anything as I got it free with Superdrug's 3 for 2 offer instore. I won't be buying this polish again. If you want to buy it, I suggest you don't buy it from the rip off merchants on eBay who are selling it for over double it's RRP (£5). It really isn't worth it.

Until next time,
Dottie xx

2 comments:

  1. Oh it's annoying isn't it - I swear, I painted them about 9PM, went to bed about midnight and woke up to find it all practically gone! Like it rubbed off! So frustrating as it is so nice!

    Merry Christmas xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear! Such a shame because its gorgeous. I'm a glutton for punishment and used it again on my current mani lol. Thank you :) Merry Christmas to you too xx

    ReplyDelete