Thursday 20 May 2010

Review: GOSH Velvet Touch Eye Liners

Hello petals :)

I mentioned a while back that I picked up a couple of these eye liners. I bought Black Ink and Golden Globe. To see what I thought of them, keep reading :)

Product





What GOSH say: Has a fantastic colour pigmentation and is 100% waterproof.

What I say: On first application I have found these to be highly pigmented. I've used Black Ink to line my upper lash line and it's brilliant. Great colour and stays put all day. However using it on the water line is a bit of a no-no. It doesn't stay put very long at all which is a shame. Contrast that with Golden Globe, which stays put all day on the water line. Odd huh? Maybe different colours have different staying power?

Application



What GOSH say: Extremely waterproof and durable. Fantastic colour pigmentation. Contains Vitamin E and Jojoba Oil. Contains no perfume.

What I say: As you can see from the swatches, the colours are great. Golden Globe looks far more vibrant than it is in reality though which is a shame. Golden Globe is definitely waterproof, whereas I wouldn't say Black Ink is as much. Although it does have great staying power on the upper lash line.

Price: £5
Size: 1.2g
Available from: Superdrug

Ratings
Product: 8/10
Price: 8/10
Packaging: 10/10
Overall: 8/10
Repurchase: I might not get these particular shades, but I will be picking up some others

Have you tried these eye liners? What did you think? Got any colour recommendations? Also do you use them on your upper and lower lash lines as well as the water line? Let me know :)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

8 comments:

  1. Ooh Black Ink stays put fine in my waterline, maybe your eyes just watered a lot that day ;P haha! I love these, I've got 5 of them so far and will probably get more :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha probably! I'm definitely going to get some more colours :D Superdrug didn't have half of the ones I wanted on the stand when I went in as per usual lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the purple one, purple stain, and Bananas, a yellow one (obviously) not too crazy abot Bananas, but purple stain is a beautiful colour. I haven't tried wearing it on my waterline, just as an eyeliner, and it has a great staying power. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Lucie :) I've wanted a purple for ages :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have black ink and purple stain, with pretty much the same thoughts as you. I'm tempted to pick up some more as they are great for the price!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think they're great value really - certainly better than the Rimmel Exaggerate Eye Definers as you get a lot more product and of course a million more colours :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE these eyeliners, they are my absolute favourite type. Never had a problem with Black Ink, it always stays put on my waterline! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maybe it's just me then haha. I'm definitely getting some more. I really want a red one :D xx

    ReplyDelete