Sunday 23 May 2010

Sunday Selection

Hello cherry blossoms :)

It's been so long since I did one of these posts! I'll try and do them more regularly now that I've finished uni :)

Some lovely blogs I've across recently
lenny writes...
Sophie Is Made Up
The London Lipgloss

Blog posts I've loved in the past few weeks


Konadomania shows us her lovely glittery french mani - I simply must find this gorgeous polish!!
*
Snowdrop85 demonstrates how to get nail polish stains out of your nails here
*
And not one but TWO great posts from the ever talented Jangsara (if you're not following, why on earth not? Her make up skills are amazing!!) First up her Caribbean sunset look, and a perfect summery bright look
*
Laura tells us where to stock up on some make up bargains here

Beauty bargains


Boots have a huge 3 for 2 mix and match offer across their make up and professional hair care brands until June 15th! There's also 1/3 off selected products in the Soap & Glory range - go and stock up :D


Superdrug have a 2 for £5 offer on Barry M nail polishes, 3 for 2 on selected GOSH products, 3 for 2 mix and match across their skin care ranges, 2 Maybelline products for £11, 3 for 2 on Revlon products, and 3 for 2 on the 2True range


I wandered into TJ Hughes on Friday and found a whole heap of high street make up brands at incredibly low prices - including Rimmel, Revlon and Sally Hansen. I also saw a huge stand of Stila products with prices from as little as £2.99. They also stock the much loved St. Moritz tanning mousses and sprays for £2.99! I also saw a gigantic stand of 20 litre bottles of Tigi shampoo and conditioners - no, I'm not joking!

Musical marvels

Thanks to Scott Mills, I've recently found, and fell in love with it has to be said, The Baseballs. Who are they you ask? The Baseballs are a German band that are putting a 50's twist on modern songs. They are seriously amazing!!!! Quite a few of us on Twitter are loving them. If you want to find out what all the fuss is about, you can check their album out on Spotify here.

However I urge you to watch this video of their amazing cover of Snow Patrol's Chasing Cars!!


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

3 comments:

  1. Love the baseballs after hearing them on the radio a few weeks ago!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwe thanks so much for the shout out lovely lady :) I'm gonna check those nail posts out, need some inspiration for when my nails are nice and long again! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Baseballs are amazing :D xx

    No worries hun :) Hehe I hope they're useful for you xx

    ReplyDelete