Wednesday 5 May 2010

Review: L'Oreal Perfect Clean Foaming Gentle Exfoliating Scrub

Hello lovelies :)

I know there have been a million and one posts on this, but I thought I'd add my two cents worth into the mix. I remember first seeing L'Oreal's genius scrublet being mentioned in a video by Becky (Sirvinya) absolutely ages ago. I've wanted to try it for ages, so when I saw that Superdrug had them on offer for £2.99, I picked this one up. To see what I thought, read on :)

Product




What L'Oreal sayPerfect Clean gently removes dirt, oil & make-up for a deep pore cleansing experience. The Scrublet™ soft, flexible cleansing brush & foaming cleansing wash: A perfect duo for perfect skin everyday! The combination of specific cleansing wash for your skin type + Scrublet provides a deep pore cleansing sensation.

What I say: Before using this, I removed my make up with a make up wipe, then used a cleanser. I was surprised that this scrub removed traces of make up even though I thought I'd got it all off =\ Eurgh. The good thing about this scrublet is that it's white. You can see if it removes traces of make up. So when it remains white, you know your skin is totally clean. This foams up really well and the scrublet does a great job. The exfoliating particles feel as though they're really working on your skin. After use my face felt amazing. Thumbs up!!!

Application






What L'Oreal say: Pop out the scrublet and slide between fingers. Apply a small amount of foaming scrub onto the scrublet. Gently massage on to a wet face using the scrublet to lather the foaming scrub. After use, thoroughly rinse the scrublet with water and replace in the pack. Can also be attached to a bathroom wall or mirror.

What I say: First off, let me mention the scent. It is gorgeous. Smells just like peaches. Mmm. I'd heard some people say that the product runs off of the scrublet, I didn't find that. I wet my face with cold water, applied some product to the scrublet and started massaging. It's so flexible and soft against the skin and feels really nice. I even use it with my facial cleanser too. After use I rinsed my face and gently patted it dry with a towel. It was left looking and feeling incredibly clean and refreshed. However, a couple of days later, I had a complete facial meltdown. Break outs and dry patches :( Doh. And I liked this so much...

Price: RRP £4.99. Currently £3.49 in Boots or 2 for £5, and £2.99 in Superdrug
Size: 150ml
Available from: Boots, Superdrug, some Tesco stores

Ratings
Product: 10/10
Price: 9/10
Packaging: 10/10
Overall: 9/10
Repurchase: No, because it clearly disagreed with my skin. However, everyone is different and it may totally work for you!

Have you tried any of the L'Oreal Perfect Clean formulas? What did you think? Let me know :)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

6 comments:

  1. I bought this a couple of days ago, as you said the smell is so yummy. Just hoping it doesn't break me out like it has for you, so far so good! Garnier have a similar product out from their pure active range but it's rrp is like £7.50!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lot of people have been commenting that the scrublet is brilliant, but the wash itself is pants. I've got the pink one for sensitive skin and I would have to agree, it made my skin SO dry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried this and it done the exact same - it was so drying and I never ever have dry skin. I've heard quite a lot of people say the same xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautyfiend - I'm glad it seems to work for you! Garnier are so expensive :( xx

    Mhairi - Oh no that's not good. Maybe its the formula rather than me then lol! xx

    Nic - Yep I was the exact same. Disappointed! Its going in the sin bin haha. Along with Superdrug's face wash :( xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got this one but I've only used it once so far as I'm using up my other face washes- the best thing is you now have the scrublet so you can use it with a wash that does agree your skin!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes exactly, I use the scrublet with my other skin care products instead! xx

    ReplyDelete